Thursday, February 7, 2008

We're Here!



Here are the update pics I got from my agency...while I was checking e-mail in Charlotte waiting for my plane! She's wearing one of the little shirts I left for her, which is fun :) Looks like she's into toys; good thing I brought a bunch!
We arrived in GUA this afternoon with plans to meet our agency's coordinator and go get groceries and dinner but I called her and she said she was coming tomorrow instead. Long and very complicated story short, we are set to get Isabelle at 10 am tomorrow and the foster mom is also bringing Isabella and Alecia and I have already tested the webcam - we'll be having a cyber meeting with all of us so Alecia can see Isabella. Keith and Alecia haven't made a visit trip, so even though they are coming soon to pick up Isabella, they haven't gotten to meet her yet.
Tomorrow should be fun. The only bummer is that the only chance to go grocery shopping is going to be right after I get Isabelle and since I can't leave the hotel with her Beverly will be staying here with her and I'm going to have to be the grocery runner :( Hopefully it will be a quick trip!
Only other news is that since we didn't get out as expected we decided to explore a bit and pick up dinner froom TGI Fridays (brought it back because everyone recommends not being out after dark). Well, bright and sunny GUA has turned RAINY and we got soaked. The water in the streets was literally higher than Beverly's socks (I was wearing flip flops) and so we looked like drowned rats by the time we made it back! Dinner was good though :)
That's all for now - I think I'll follow Bev's lead and hit the sack :)
More pics sure to come tomorrow...and I'll be in them WITH Isabelle!!!!! Tomorrow is sure to be a brighter day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauren -
Glad to hear that you are there. Isabelle is a beautiful little girl. Enjoy your time with her!
Mary Allen