Well, my case hasn't been kicked out of PGN, so that's the good news. The bad news is things aren't moving along at the rate I had hoped, so I'm rather disappointed :( I also just realized at the end of last week that my immigration documents with US Immigration are going to expire May 3, so it looks like I'm going to have to reapply for an appointment and then go to Charlotte to be refingerprinted. Yes, you read right. Fingerprints are only good for 15 months and my time is about up. Not sure what they think happens in 15 months...perhaps my fingerprints will have morphed into someone else?!
At least I'm single and only have to worry about getting myself fingerprinted...someone on my yahoo group posted about asking for an exemption for his father who is in his 80's and lives with him...people started writing back with their horror stories of all the elderly people in their lives who have had to be fingerprinted in order for their adoptions to be able to go through. Includes a women with Alzheimers who was combative...a man so old that he no longer HAD fingerprints (didn't know that was possible!)...I guess my situation could be worse :) At least the second time around is free...the first time was ~$600!
Good news was that Monica, our in-country coordinator e-mailed my caseworker here to let her know that she saw Isabelle on Friday and took pictures and video, which I should be getting soon! She said she seemed healthy, etc., so that's always good to hear!
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment