Well, the good news came late yesterday that PGN has started releasing files for some of those cases that have already finished the birthmother interview!
The bad news...is that they released 50 and 40 of the files were "kicked out"...which is what I have already been through twice. It means that PGN is standing by the stupid stuff the reviewers came up with prior to the new leadership coming in a month ago :( I can't imagine how frustrated those families must feel. At least 10 files DID get approved, which means that after one final document the babies will be legally theirs and they just have to finish up paperwork and stuff on the US side and then will be able to bring their babies home!
I can't remember if I've mentioned or not, Isabelle's foster mom and I have come up with a code - if she finds out anything (like about my interview being scheduled!) she's to call my house, let it ring twice, and hang up. That way, it will show up on my caller ID and I can call her back when I can get up with Monica and it won't cost the FM anything to call.
Soooo...I guess it's good and bad that I'll be gone all of this upcoming week at Annual Conference. I hate to be away from the phone but am SOOOO looking forward to spending some time with friends, enjoying the lake, and just getting away! It is beautiful at Lake Junaluska and I love being there! I'll be in a house with 3 little ones and a pregnant friend, which should make it all the more fun! I'll be meeting my friends Drew and Jamie's twins for the first time, which is also exciting :) I'll settle for holding someone else's baby, since I'm still waiting on my own...
Oh, neat birthday update. I really didn't feel like doing much on Tuesday other than just spending some time on my own (and working on Isabelle's movie - I finally have a 'rough' draft and I am SOOO proud of my technological achievements!) but my friend and church member Betty came by and brought birthday cupcakes for Isabelle! It was sweet that she remembered and wonderful that she went to the effort to do something! Isabelle has gotten some other birthday cards and gifts as well, which has been cool!

4 comments:
Lauren,
I am hugely hopeful for you and Isabelle. I know it will seem like ages, but I would venture that not only is PGN moving int he right direction, but you will get out so soon.
Love the puppy dog cake (we had a dinosaur for Julia and I think I will have to have something similar for Cecilia - as she LOVES dinosaurs too, who knows why!).
Enjoy Annual Conference!
Lauren:
I am so thankful for you both that the process is moving forward now. At least now you know there is renewed light! I thought about you both on Tuesday. That is my parents anniversary too!!!
Have a wonderful week at Lake J.
Love, Amy
oops, I can't spell my own name!
That is so sweet that your neighbor brought over cupcakes. They look so yummy too! I hope this week brings a whole slew of OUTS from PGN. And interviews for both of us!
Post a Comment