It seems like I just can't get a break with this whole process. Angela called today to tell me she had just talked to Monica who heard from my attorney today that my birth mother interview was scheduled for last Friday...but she has been unable to FIND Isabelle's birth mom, so she had to cancel the interview and request that it be rescheduled.
Supposedly she has people looking and they have some "leads" but we don't know what that means. Also don't know how long they've been looking. As irritated as I'll be if I find out that my attorney did nothing towards finding her until the interview was set last week, I'd rather know they have only been trying to find her for a couple of days than that my attorney has been diligently looking for a month and can't find her. One leads me to have more hope than the other option. PGN has not yet decided what they will do in cases where the birth moms can't be located.
One concern may be that she does not WANT to be found because the media coverage of this interview process has been so negative that she is probably scared. That whole thought pains me greatly - as if making the decision to have to relinquish a child isn't enough, this entire process is just completely cruel on the birth mothers.
So, AGAIN, I'm on hold. Part of me just wants to get on a plane and fly down there, but I doubt that would really do much good. So much for a happy week at the lake...and so much for this afternoon, which was supposed to be for working on a sermon...
I just want Isabelle home. Is that too much to ask for?
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm so sorry about this bad news. I hope that they can locate the birthmother and that the interview can be completed very, very soon.
I am so sorry that you received this news. Lets just pray that they find the birth mother quickly and that the interview is rescheduled SOON! Hugs!
SueJ
Lauren, I know EXACTLY how you feel as we are in this same situation. It frustrates and worries me so much. I hope and pray that our birthmoters are found quickly and we can get the interviews done and be OUT of PGN. Long overdue for the both of us!
I met with Beverly my Dental hygenist and she shared your story with me. My husband and I have been there and done that and we sympathize with you. We are full time ministers and will put you on our prayer list. Feel free to contact me via our url at www.aaafamilysites.com/family/jb-hawkins or at www.mybattleplan.com/3amber
Post a Comment