

It was hard not to be there for it, but I know how much it meant to the foster family to do it for her, so that makes me happy. When we talked earlier in the week she told me about it in detail, said (multiple times) that she'd take a bunch of pictures, and then said she just wished she could video tape the whole thing for me. She is so sweet!
Wondering what the pictures are? This morning I put the flowers on the altar at church in honor of Isabelle's birthday :) I didn't want to do some sort of "standard" florist arrangement that would be dead in 3 days, so I went to the farmers market and got the biggest hanging basket I could find, took off the hanging part, and voila! The cloth is the one I bought on my last trip :)
I thought it turned out sort of fun and especially since we don't always have flowers, people seemed to like it!
The note in the bulletin said: The flowers on the altar this morning are given to the Glory of God and in honor of Isabelle Grace's first birthday on Tuesday May 27 by her mom, Lauren...
Now...just to find out how the party went! At least I know Isabelle won't have worms, since she has had her 'home remedy'!!!

4 comments:
Lauren, the flowers are gorgeous! What a wonderful thing to do in honor of Isabelle! Even with the rain, I'm sure the party was a blast! I'll be thinking of you and saying some prayers for Isabelle tomorrow!
Lauren, The flowers are wonderful! I pray that Isabelle will soon be home. I will lift you both in prayer tomorrow. I am sorry she is not home but trust she soon will be.
Blessings,
Lori
I should also add "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISABELLE!"
Happy Birthday Isabelle. Lauren I know how hard our wait is. I'm glad you did something special for you both on this day.
Hugs and prayers,
Valerie
Post a Comment