Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Not Sure...

I haven't posted in a while because I just haven't been sure what to say. If I share everything I've heard, it would be enough to make ANYONE crazy and at this point no one really knows the facts. I can say that PGN has not released any cases and every day we are all just waiting and hoping that SOMEONE will get good news, to show that things are indeed up and running again.

I have been very up and down emotionally the past two weeks. Mostly down. Friday and Saturday I got the chance to go up to the mountains with my friend Beverly and it was really good to get away. I'm also looking forward to Annual Conference up at Lake Junaluska in just a few weeks...although it will be hard as well because last year everything I did up there I kept thinking "next year I'll be pushing a stroller." Oh well.

I talked to Isabelle's foster mom on Sunday, and the birth mother interview has not taken place, and she hasn't gotten any more information about when it might be. Best case scenario it happens soon, goes well, PGN starts releasing cases and I am out SOON. Hard to really guess what's to come.

Unfortunately, the situation in GUA has gotten sort of tense and my agency has made the decision that they will not be asking the foster moms to bring the babies into the city for well baby checkups, pictures, or videos. Disappointing but I understand. They did make it clear that if Isabelle were to get sick they WOULD make sure to get her to the doctor.

They have also asked that families not plan visit trips at this point. Disappointing since I was planning to go the last week of June, but I have been holding off to see what happens anyway and haven't booked a flight. I have asked my church to allow me to take a week off in July or August instead of June but the verdict is still out on that. Don't get me started.

I'll post when I know more...Sunday is Isabelle's 1st birthday party and her birthday is next Tuesday the 27th...

3 comments:

Tonya Boster said...

I am still praying for you and Isabelle!

Take care,

Arabella's Mommy

Kim said...

These past 3 weeks have been the most trying I think. We have to continue to hold out hope that something positive will happen soon. It has to, right? It is particularly difficult so close to a birthday. I know, just been through Kate's. Lean on us when you need to. I totally understand. I'll be saying a few "extra" prayers for you and Isabelle. Stay Strong Mamacita!

nora said...

Lauren,

Hang in there. I think the request for no visits, is really silly. It will get resolved. And while it may feel a little tense from our perspective, I really do think it will work out in a few weeks. Maybe not in time for Annual Conference, but by this summer. We'll be praying hard for you guys.