I talked to Isabelle's foster mom tonight (about birthday plans...more about that another day...) and she said she heard from my attorney (today, I think?) that she needs to be prepared and answer her phone because my interview will be this week.
I do not know if this means it is actually scheduled, if my attorney knows something for sure, or if she is just 'guessing' that it will be coming soon, but I just about lost my dinner when she said it. Monica was translating for me and said she could see it in the look on my face.
I do pray that the interview takes place soon, and that it goes on without incident. PLEASE keep me and Isabelle, as well as her birth mother and foster mother and my attorney in your prayers. And while you are at it, add an extra prayer for the other 2,900+ families trying to bring their babies home... Everyone is just really down right now, which makes it hard. None of the cases that have had their interviews have been released from PGN, and today was the day they were supposedly going to get approval and would be released for the attorneys to get so that they could come HOME.
While you are at it on the prayer thing, please pray for my friend Betty from church. She's having a procedure done tomorrow that is part of the preliminaries before open heart surgery, which will probably be in the next week or so. Betty is in charge of the church nursery and is sort of everyone's grandmother (and she's WONDERFUL to me as well...)
Off to see if I can sleep...not betting on it...
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Lauren,
I will continue to pray for you and Isabelle and all the prayer requests you just mentioned, especially the bm interview to go well and to be over very SOON! Try to hang in there!
Blessings,
Tonya
I found your blog on guatadopt and had to say hi! All in process families are in my thoughts and prayers! I'll check back for updates, but know there is another stranger out there thinking about all these kiddos.
Becky and Jack
I'm praying for Betty and ALL of us with children STILL in Guatemala. I hope we all receive wonderful news soon, it would sure be welcome!
Lauren,
How ya doin? Hanging in there? Don't panic about the PGN news on Guatadopt - I think it really sounds worse than it is. A month is almost up and they'll be releasing files so soon. Remeber to take care of yourself, so you can be a better mom when Isabelle does come home.
Post a Comment