Today I got my first baby gift for Isabelle in the mail (thanks Stacie)! I've gotten things in the past from family who sent things for her birthday and stuff, but this was different - it was the first presents I've gotten since I know for absolute certain that Isabelle is MINE and is coming HOME!
It was very cool! I have a couple of showers coming up next weekend and can't wait - I have a bunch of family coming to stay for the whole weekend and it will be like one long non-stop party celebrating Isabelle finally coming home!!!
My family and friends have been great about supporting me through all of this and a lot of people have already been incredibly generous in gifts they have given me, but somehow it is different now that it is all legal and stuff. Don't know if that makes sense, but all I know is that I am READY TO PARTY!!! (well, after I clean the house, wash the sheets, vacuum, steamclean the carpets, ...) My poor friend Amy offered to throw me a shower when I first started this whole adoption process...in FALL 2006! Good thing we are still friends :)
No news yet on Isabelle's new birth certificate being issued, which is sort of disappointing. It was supposed to happen on Tuesday and then my facilitator was supposed to get word yesterday, but she never called my coordinator here with any news. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened...I'm just hoping they just haven't told me!
Either way, I'm CLOSE, CLOSE, CLOSE to bringing Isabelle home!
It was very cool! I have a couple of showers coming up next weekend and can't wait - I have a bunch of family coming to stay for the whole weekend and it will be like one long non-stop party celebrating Isabelle finally coming home!!!
My family and friends have been great about supporting me through all of this and a lot of people have already been incredibly generous in gifts they have given me, but somehow it is different now that it is all legal and stuff. Don't know if that makes sense, but all I know is that I am READY TO PARTY!!! (well, after I clean the house, wash the sheets, vacuum, steamclean the carpets, ...) My poor friend Amy offered to throw me a shower when I first started this whole adoption process...in FALL 2006! Good thing we are still friends :)
No news yet on Isabelle's new birth certificate being issued, which is sort of disappointing. It was supposed to happen on Tuesday and then my facilitator was supposed to get word yesterday, but she never called my coordinator here with any news. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened...I'm just hoping they just haven't told me!
Either way, I'm CLOSE, CLOSE, CLOSE to bringing Isabelle home!

3 comments:
Love the sweet picture of Isabelle. Sorry that you don't have news on the BC yet. I keep hoping to hear you have it. Have fun with the showers and company!! What a relief to know Isabelle will be home soon!!
With Love,
Lori
You certainly are close! Isn't it nice to be in the home stretch. I hope we join you soon!
YES!!! Isabelle's near arrival in your home is so-o-o exciting!! How beautiful she is, and what a joyous autumn both of you will have! Continued prayers for you and Isabelle.
Love to you,
Leonora
Post a Comment