Nothing. Not a word. Haven't had ANYTHING happen with the final steps on my case since I left Guatemala 2 weeks ago :( My attorney can't proceed with anything until she gets the new birth certificate, and apparently she doesn't have it yet.
My agency is supposed to get an update today, so I'm still hoping to hear something before my big weekend of celebrating! Family starts arriving tomorrow :)
I would like to have the birth certificate step behind me because that's pretty much the last step that can have delays - then the real countdown begins...and I'm ready to be counting down!!!
The good news on the church front is that I have found a retired minister who has agreed to cover all pastoral emergencies/hospitalizations/surgeries/deaths for the entire 3 months I'm gone! Praise God! I had a number of people turn me down, which was getting me a bit worried! I am glad that while I am out the church will have a consistent person available for any problems that arise! Now, just to be bringing Isabelle home and starting my leave...
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Lauren, I hope you hear something soon. I can only imagine what it is like to wait post-PGN, but I can't wait to get there!
Lauren, Glad church stuff is working Out but it is times to recieve that BC!!!! Hope they have it soon!
Lori
Hi Lauren. I am glad you have your church duties covered. I am praying that they get that BC very soon!
Hang in there!
Tonya and Arabella
Post a Comment