It's 11:11 PM, and my wish came true - I found out this morning that my attorney has Isabelle's birth certificate, my facitator will have it to translate on Monday then they will apply for her passport and submit to the US Embassy for approval to do the 2nd DNA test (to prove Isabelle is the same baby I started with, as if there could be any doubt!) on Tuesday.
The DNA lab my agency uses only ships samples on Thursdays, so I am hoping against hope that they could get the sample done by shipment time on Thursday! It's really getting close now!!
It takes about a week to 10 days for the sample to be taken, get to the US, be processed, and make its way back to Guatemala, and that's when the Embassy issues my embassy appointment! We'll leave about a week after the appointment is issued, if things continue to run the way they have recently with timelines!
This was great news to continue with a wonderful weekend...shower #1 was today and shower #2 is tomorrow. Today was great and I can't wait until tomorrow! But for now I'm exhausted and heading back to my third night on an air mattress! My dog has already found my 'new bed' and is asleep on my pillow :) The rest of the family is all asleep. Pics and details later...
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Lauren,
Great, great news. I know that the final steps are the most difficult. It is good that you are busy with being showered! I can't wait to celebrate with you.
Valerie
Praise the Lord!! I am so excited for you! Enjoy shower #2!! Can't wait to see pics!
Lori
Hurray!
May passport, 2nd DNA, and Pink come quickly!
Beth
Just found your blog and want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Yea yea! So glad you got your BC - things should move pretty quickly from here. I hope you enjoy the next few weeks of preparation.
Post a Comment