Friday, August 22, 2008

Things are Movin'!

I got word today that the DNA sample was taken at the lab in Guatemala!

That means that the foster mom took Isabelle to the lab where they took a cheek swab that will now be sent to the DNA lab in the US for analysis. It has to show with 100% certainty that it matches the sample from last September (to prove Isabelle is the same baby I started with!)...pray that there aren't any problems and that they only have to do the test once so that there aren't any more delays!

Next week there won't be too much news. The DNA should be shipped to the US (hopefully that was done today) and then it takes 3 days to process. I'm hoping that it gets shipped back next Thursday. Then we hit a holiday weekend.

Right after Labor Day I should get my "pink" slip - the US Embassy used to send a letter on pink paper, but now it's an e-mail - that gives the date of my embassy appointment. That means by right after Labor Day I SHOULD be making travel plans!!!!!!

Folks usually get about 7 days notice, so I'm guessing we'll fly down around the 8th of Sept for an appointment sometime that week, but the holiday could throw things to the following week. We'll see!

Either way, I HAVE COMPLETED THE GUATEMALAN REQUIREMENTS FOR ISABELLE'S ADOPTION! From here on out I'll be working with US officials and already have contact with my senator's office, so at least if there are any probs I know who to go to!

ALMOST THERE!!!!!

3 comments:

Dream Angel's Mommy said...

Great, wonderful, perfect. This is one of the very few times in our lives that we don't want to see weekends or holidays come. Things are moving now, and you are so close! I can't wait. Congratulations!!
Valerie

nora said...

So glad you are essentially on your way! Yea yea yea! Can't wait to see that Pink post.

Kim said...

YAY!!! How exciting!! You will have Isabelle home with you in no time now!