...that are the biggest reminders to me that Isabelle is really and truly finally coming home! I got my latest issue of Parents Magazine in the mail this week; I've been getting it for so long I actually just sent off my SECOND renewal...when I saw this month's edition in the mail box it actually made me smile! For so long getting things like that in the mail have been sort of a sick joke. Like a constant reminder that I thought I would be a mom but it still hadn't happened.
This afternoon I cleaned out the drawers in this chest in Isabelle's room. In one of the drawers I had been cramming all the receipts for everything I have bought up to this point. With every purchase, I've always thought, "Well, if it doesn't work out I'll return it." Or, "if she's too big to wear it by the time she comes home, I'll return it."
The receipts are all going in the GARBAGE!! Isabelle is coming home!!! I'm so excited! My friend Anne is coming over tomorrow - she's the master decorator/organizer and I'm counting on her to make sense out of my sunroom turned playroom. I can't wait to see what she figures out!

Here's a picture of one of the projects we worked on the weekend my family was here (with my brother's dog). I had a glass coffee table in my family room that I took to my office at church, but the other thing I just hadn't figured out what to do about was the brick hearth. It's right in the main traffic area and just an accident waiting to happen. Saw this idea in yet another of the parenting magazines I've been reading for, well... WAY too long!

1 comment:
Congratulations on your Orange!!! Wonderful news!!!
Post a Comment