Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Totally Frustrated :(

My attorney has had Isabelle's birth certificate for over a week and they have made NO progress. I am soooo frustrated. I feel like I should be looking forward to Isabelle's homecoming but instead it's hard because in reality my case is going nowhere.

It's like some sort of sick joke where I finally think I'm close, I get my hopes up, and then NOTHING. My file should have been submitted to the US Embassy last Tuesday so that the DNA could be authorized, the sample taken, and the DNA on it's way to the US by last Thursday.

Instead, NOTHING. The only explanation I can get is that my attorney says she can't find the guy who has to sign off on my file before she can submit it. Go to his house. Sit outside by his car. Show up at his office. I don't care. Just get the $#%@ signature and get on with it.

The real kicker is that from what I understand this same missing guy will have to continue to sign off on each of the remaining steps. That should be fun.

And to top it all off, I have been working my tail off at church and all I can get is criticism and complaints. Great, great week.

2 comments:

Dream Angel's Mommy said...

Lauren,
I'm terribly sorry. I know how hard the last steps are. It is maddening! You are in my thoughts. I can't wait to hear some good news.
Valerie

Anonymous said...

MERCY!! Disappointment and "incompetence" are so difficult to live with. You and Isabelle are in my thoughts and prayers, as well as the authorities you must deal with. GOOD NEWS has to be coming soon!

God bless.

Leonora