Thursday, August 14, 2008

Still Not Much

I met with Angela today and we called Monica to find out the latest on my case. Apparently Monica finished the translation and they have everything ready for the passport but were at that point trying to locate the ONLY man who can sign off on the passport and who was MIA. Go figure. That was at 11 AM Guatemalan time and the US Embassy was closing at 1.

No news, which means they didn't get it done. That means nothing happens until the Embassy reopens next Monday. We are looking at probably the 2nd week of September at the soonest. Now Angela will be on vacation for the next week, so I probably won't hear much. Of course, they have to tell me when they have permission to do the DNA because I have to pay for it :)

2 comments:

Gail said...

That is a bummer! Hope things really start moving next week.
Gail

Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.