Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Photo Shoot a Success!

I have to admit, my expectations for our church directory pictures this afternoon weren't all that high. My goal was to have both of us dressed, get there on time, and hopefully have Isabelle's pigtails still in by the time it was our turn and hopefully (if I was REALLY lucky) not have drool or Cheerios on her dress. Gee, how our expectations change so quickly :)

I'm happy to say, though, that the photographer was great with Isabelle, we have a good picture for the directory, and he even did some shots of just her that were really cute. She has a huge grin on her face and I haven't seen much of that since we've been home, so that was really good.

He even changed the background so they don't look like your standard church directory pictures :) With my $150 in gift certificates I was able to do a little bit of shopping and Isabelle got to spend some time with some of the ladies from the church (charming all of them, of course) while I spent FOREVER making up my mind!

I also did a bunch of pics of her outside before and after our "official" pictures - here's one I liked.

I've also discovered (at least for today) that there is a fast track for getting Isabelle to bed. I have cut holes in some of the nipples that came with the bottles that were slow flow infant nipples, so tonight it took her all of 3 minutes to drink her bottle (usually takes about 20 minutes)! She was sound asleep 2 minutes later...

Now, if she'll just STAY asleep. That's where we seem to be having the biggest issues. She wakes up with these blood-curdling whales in the middle of the night, and it seems to be increasing. From everyone I've talked to and all the books I've read it is, unfortunately, very common.

2 comments:

Dream Angel's Mommy said...

Glad to hear the pictures went well. Getting pictures made is so stressful with children becuase you want them to look nice and smile pretty and sometimes that just doesn't happen.
I want to encourage you and let you know that Maria Jade no longer wakes up in the night with those cries. I'm sure you get lots of advice but what works best for us is to stick as closely to a routine night after night as you can. Hang in there. I know it is tough.
Valerie

Kim said...

That is an adorable picture of Isabelle! Is that a Carter's dress? I think I have that same exact dress for Kate! I was hoping to have her wear it for Embassy. It's an 18 month, so it better be SOON!