Saturday, October 4, 2008

Guess What the Mailman Brought?!

...Isabelle's Certificate of Citizenship! All official looking with a seal and a picture and everything! Isabelle came home on an IR-3 visa, which means she was a US citizen (although she will always have dual citizenship) as soon as we came through immigration in Miami. Now I just have the paperwork to prove it!

My insurance company has been wanting it, I couldn't get her SS# until I got it, etc., etc., etc. Basically it means that now I can start the next round of paperwork and driving around town to various offices and things. Fun stuff.

No big news on the Isabelle front. She has a cold. Poor thing. She's just lucky it isn't worse - I've had a horrible cold for over a week and her nose is all stopped up but it doesn't seem to be slowing her down!

Please continue to pray for my friend Nora and her family. The still do not know what is causing their baby's seizures and she continues to be hospitalized and undergoing tests.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Lauren,

Thanks for posting about Nora. I have been waiting for her to have that baby and now I can't imagine the pain and stress they are dealing with. I just found her blog again so I can stay up to date with her. Prayers will be sent there way!

-Tamara

Lori said...

Hi Lauren, How wonderful to have Isabelle's COC!!!! That was fast! I've enjoyed keeping up with what's going on through the blog but we will have to talk soon. I am starting to feel a little rested.

Lori