Okay, I must start off with a small confession. I was thinking back to my post yesterday about guatetot playdates and realized that we have indeed had one semi-playdate with one little white friend. Jamie came over with her little girl Lindy for a short visit before one of Lindy's doctor's appointments...but we are still waiting for a REAL playdate with both Lindy and her twin brother Will! Soon...
Anyway, enough of that! Today we had a fun day out with Stephanie and her boys Gabriel and Joseph. Her original plan had been for Gabriel to go to daycare as normal and just to bring Joseph so that things would be a bit easier, but Gabriel wouldn't hear of a day out with 'his Isabelle' and him being left out!
We went to the Natural Science Center in Greensboro last week and had such a good time we both got annual memberships, so we are trying to go weekly while we are still both on leave. For any of you who are close to it, I highly recommend it! Of course Isabelle could care less about a dinosaur exhibit, but she sure does LOVE the 2 little kid playrooms and a nice stroller ride outside so that Gabriel can see the horses and the sheep :)
Okay, on to the good stuff...a few pics from the day!
Unfortunately, as Isabelle has spent more and more time with Faith (my dog), she has been hitting both the dog and other kids. Not hard, but just sort of swatting at them. Either way, it won't make her popular. Well, today, she swatted at Gabriel a couple of times and he got upset (rightfully so!). I think Gabriel decided to get back at Isabelle by "playing doctor", when he promptly whacked her on the rear end with the stethoscope! The really are cute together :) I think they will be good friends, especially once Isabelle starts talking a little more!
Isabelle and Gabriel with their snacktraps. Those things are an absolute godsend! They are sitting in the dinosaur play table...
Here's cute Joseph - the easiest one to catch smiling at the camera today!
Subject change. I have decided that the best way to SLOWLY (and hopefully successfully) transition Isabelle from my bed to her crib is to start out by trying to get her to sleep with her bottle (I know...don't go there...) without me having to be in the bed with her.
Tonight, for the FIRST time since we've been home, Isabelle fell asleep (in my bed) without me! I hope it wasn't just a fluke or her being totally worn out from attending the neighborhood neighborhood watch meeting!
Of course, she may just move out of my bed and into Faith's... I've found her in there more than once...
Granted, I've also found her sitting in Faith's water bowl twice and today I've removed her from the dishwasher...TWICE! Go figure.
Lastly, please pray for my friend Nora and her husband Steve and their girls. They have two little girls from Guatemala (biological sisters) and Nora just gave birth last week to a third little girl (well, her first birth...third daughter...you get it...). Everything went well, but yesterday the baby started having seizures and is having all sorts of tests done. Please pray for their family and their little baby.
PS Looks like we do have insurance, but now I can't get in to see the doctor until Oct 17, so we wait some more. I guess I should have called sooner, but just didn't think I could make an appointment when I didn't know what the deal was with insurance!
5 comments:
I love the pictures! G and J loved being with Isabelle! Looking forward to next week... :)Steph
Lauren,
You have the makings (text and pics) for an adorable and heart felt book about the adoption process, being an adoptive partent and ...the connections are endless. You and Isabelle are my daily smile.
God bless you both as you explore motherhood and as she explores her new family, including her doggy sibling!
barb
That's it, gotta get me one of those snack traps for Kate. More retail therapy. Gee, this kid needs to get home soon! We might go broke otherwise!
Lauren,
Isabelle is just absolutely adorable. Alberto does the occassional swatting on the dogs as well. He's even ventured to pull their tails. I stop him and gently tell him to give them hugs. He's pretty much stopped harrassing the dogs, although he still goes and hugs them.
And with regards to the bed. What I did to move Alberto from my bed to his pack-n-play was to let him fall asleep and them move him to the pack-n-play in my room. Now, if I can only move him out of my room into his room.... All attempts have failed miserably. But try try again...
Good luck with the doctor's visit. And try soy milk and see if that helps.
You're doing a great job!!
Hugs!
Glad you remembered my little white girl! Just kidding!
Sounds like you are having alot of fun with all your play dates. Glad things are going better!
Jamie
Post a Comment