Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Gabriel!

Sorry my posts this week are sort of out of order, but that's just how it goes sometimes!

Anyway, on Saturday Isabelle and I went to Gabriel's 3rd birthday party and it was great! The original plan had been to have it at a park where they could ride rides, but the weather didn't cooperate for that. We ended up with what I think was a great party idea - Stephanie had Gabriel's Kindermusik teacher come and bring her instruments and lead about 45 minutes of music (part was just free play with the instruments). The kids LOVED it!

Most of the kids were older than Isabelle and could understand the directions better, but she sure did have a good time banging the instruments around! The kids liked it and we were in one very manageable-sized room, which I think all of the parents appreciated :) No lost kids, only one threw up, and fun for all - I call that a success!

As I promised Gabriel (who is a regular blog-checker), here are some pics of his big day. And yes, there were kids there who were not guatetots, but those are the moms I know and the ones I know have said it is okay for me to post their kids pics :)

I guess I'm new to this whole kids cake thing. I'd never seen a cupcake-cake. Apparently that's normal these days. Ingenious :) And Isabelle loved it. Although I'll spare you the diaper details as we drove to VA...

Gabriel's little brother Joseph, who had a great time with the scarves
Isabelle was a little intimidated by all the noise and was extra-cuddly. Fine with me!Here's Sara with her typical smile for the camera!

Allie-Maria was all into the instruments. Great party idea, for anyone looking for ideas!
Gabriel had missed his nap and wasn't totally his usually smily self. But when I asked him if he wanted to see himself on the computer, I got a big grin!
Isabelle loved the sticks...chewing...rolling...beating on the floor...chewing some more...
Aren't we cute?!
More to come from our week...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your necklace. : ) - Stacie