Friday, October 31, 2008

Tip for the Day

This one is for Kim and all my guatadopt buddies still waiting to bring home their babies and for those who have their kids home but who have not used a babysitter yet.

TIP: Show babysitter how to remove tray from high chair. This is particularly important if the parent is the one to place baby in high chair before departing.

This becomes particularly critical when babysitter does not discover until baby is finished eating, fussy, and ready to get down that he/she has no clue how to release the baby from captivity.

To avoid complete mortification at having to call parent to enquire, said babysitter chose instead to call grandson who came to the rescue with daughter. The good news is that 15 minutes and three (reasonably) intelligent people later, baby was rescued.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Make sure babysitter knows how to work all baby gadgets. I would presume this would be of utmost importance if you are using toilet locks. That would just be plain cruel.

I will make sure tomorrow's babysitter is better informed prior to my departure :)

Happy Halloween - if you haven't checked the blog in a day or so, I've been busy! Up to you as to how much you want to read/watch/view :)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Alright, I have that tidbit locked in my brain! Thanks! Isabelle is the most adorable kitty EVER!!

The M. Herndon Family said...

Haha! We would always have the same problem with...the can opener!!! I have one of those pampered chef can openers that make the lids not sharp when they come off and our babysitters can never figure it out!

Ana said...

Lauren,

I left Alberto, in the highchair, with my mom one day and ran to the grocery store with my niece to buy Baby Advil.

I was in the check out line when my mom called me, in a bit of a panic, and wanted to know when I would be home.

I was worried, Alberto had a fever. But that was not the issue. The issue was she had no clue whatsoever how to release the tray.

Fortunately, we got home in a little over 5 minutes and were able to rescue Alberto and give my mom a quick tutorial on how to release the tray of the highchair.