Saturday, December 13, 2008

Church Christmas Fun

Yes, there are 2 posts for today...keep scrolling down...we've had a big day!

Tonight was our church-wide Christmas dinner and the kids' Christmas play. Originally, I thought Isabelle was going to get to be an angel for the play, but they decided not to have the little kids participate this year. I was disappointed, but oh well. We had a good time anyway. And of course, Isabelle had a fancy Christmas outfit for the occasion :)

She also got to have spaghetti for the first time, so I think overall she had a great time!

Nights like tonight are why I love my church. Mary and Joseph sitting up in the "stable" capture what the church is supposed to be about and how my church gets it right. Mary's dad couldn't be there because he's recently gotten out of jail and is still on probation with a curfew. Joseph's dad is still in jail. Mary is white, Joseph is bi-racial. What a couple! Jesus was bald with blue eyes...

Isabelle's getting this Santa thing mastered - twice in one day!