Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Drama Continues...

Okay, so for those of you who are regular readers and remember my post about the drama around Isabelle's MRI in December...it continues...

Today I got the bill. In Spanish. Not in English AND Spanish. Just 4 pages in Spanish. So for all of you with kids of "Hispanic" origin, be aware that this suddenly means that the parent of any said child is incapable of reading/understanding English.

I just thought I'd warn the rest of you so that in case you visit a hospital that is as advanced as our local hospital you'd be prepared to find yourself a translator.

Think I could just not pay and say I didn't understand???

4 comments:

Tonya Boster said...

Oh, I never thought about that happening. Good grief!

Anonymous said...

Well it's better than being asked if I have Medicaid covering my costs, by every existing nurse, that tended to me when I had Mason.

~Monica

Jennifer said...

Wow! That's funny! Ok, in a screwed up laugh at red tape sense.

Kim said...

Alright, so that is just downright ignorant of the hospital! I say that gives you reason not to pay! LOL!