Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Crud

Well, I guess Isabelle has done pretty well considering she made it to 22 months old before needing an antibiotic for the first time! Today she officially has her first ear infection :( Poor little thing.

She's had a fever on and off since Sunday, but last night she started crying a lot and you could tell she just wasn't quite right. Off we went to the doctor's office this morning, and when we got in there she pointed at her ear and in the cutest little squeaky voice said, "Ear?!" I asked her if her ear hurt and she said, "Yes." In walked the dr., and he said she did indeed have an ear infection in the ear she had pointed at! At least now I know she can tell me!

She had her first dose of meds after lunch and by post-nap was about half-way back to herself. Oh, and she had diarrhea really bad, which from what others have said could mean we'll be dealing with that for the next 10 days??? Yuck!

Oh well, I can't complain. We are lucky to have made it this long with no major problems! I just hope she's back to her sweet self by the morning. She's been SOOOO pitiful :(

5 comments:

Tonya Boster said...

Sorry Isabelle isn't feeling well. Hope the antibiotics work quickly!

Anonymous said...

Lauren,

Make sure she is eating yogurt a few times a day while on the meds. It helps prevent a yeast infection, even though it didn't work for Dominic. He still got one.

Lori said...

Poor Isabelle!

Sorry to hear that she hasn't been feeling well. It's good to hear that she is starting to mend. Can't wait to see you both in a couple weeks!

((hugs))
Lori

Kim said...

Ugghhh...the BIG "D"! I HATE diarrhea! Pedialyte and Desitin will be your BEST friend for the next few days. Hope Isabelle feels better soon and I hope the first antibiotic does the trick for her! Kate has had to be on 3 antibiotics for her ear infections.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!!! Bella and the rest of us say hello. With that awful diarrhea bug going around, Bella managed to get it....uggg...Our Pediatrician suggested a Probiotic yogurt....great for acute 'D'. And she loves to drink the smoothies... Yo Baby and Danamials are both Probiotic labeled yogurt products. And to do the 'BRAT' diet thing...and no milk. Within about 24 hours, viola'....it did the trick. Give Isabelle hugs and kisses, love you'll,