Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig!

We are home from our trip to Ft. Lauderdale to visit my aunt ("Hat"). We left last Friday morning...well, if you can call 4 AM "morning"! We were in Ft. Lauderdale by 9:30 am!

The bad part for me was that I was incredibly sick last week and really wasn't well when we flew down. I had a sinus infection (first time ever), an eye infection, and the dr had been concerned that I might also have shingles, so it had been a long week.

I hadn't truly realized until we got home today how sick I had been. I remember almost nothing about last week. I have no clue what I did at work. I did take a little bit of sick time...at least I wrote that part down! I'm really glad I didn't have to write a sermon - that would have been scary! Anyway, it is weird to look around the house and realize in retrospect how much of a fog I was in...but it wasn't something a bit of sun and surf wouldn't cure!

I'm going to be posting pics by the day they were taken, so keep checking below for our daily updates!

3 comments:

Tonya Boster said...

Glad you are feeling better and that you had a good time with your aunt. The pictures of you guys are great!

When you get a chance let me know how the rolling cart/carseat thing went and any other things about flying with a toddler I should be aware of.

Blessings,
Tonya

Lori said...

Glad to see you had a good time and some time to restore yourself :). I had been thinking about you the last couple days wondering if you were well but knew you were gone. The pictures are wonderful. I can't wait til we go to the beach in June!

((Hugs))
Lori

Jamie said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. The pictures are great! Looks likd Isabelle loved the pool! I loved her blue polka dot swim suit!