Monday, May 4, 2009

The Beach: Take Two!

Monday we tried the beach again...

Here we are arriving at the amazing beach with the playground right on the beach! We decided to park a little farther down the beach so we wouldn't be walking right past the swings...in the hopes that if Isabelle didn't see the swings first she'd show more interest in the sand...

See the little pink dot in the middle of the sand?
That's Isabelle. Pitching a fit. But we were determined that we were going to have fun and I was pretty sure if she'd just settle down she'd love it! Well, here she is just a few minutes later...
And finally showing an interest in the ocean!
So off we went, down to the "big wawa" to put more water in her bucket. She even seemed to be close to stepping in all by herself! Uhhh...maybe not...
Well, maybe I'll try again...
I love this picture! Her adorable little Duke feet in the ocean for the first time!
I can't say she's thrilled with the ocean (yet!), but she at least got more comfortable with it. And the sand? Well, she LOOOOVVVVEED it!
Aren't I hot stuff?!

By the end of the morning, Isabelle was having a blast getting buried in the sand almost all the way up to her waist (she was actually sitting in a chair) and didn't mind the "mess" AT ALL! She was hilarious! Hat buried her feet I don't know how many times and Isabelle had a blast "finding" her feet!

Finally, I hated to do it, but I had to admit that I was getting sunburned! My aunt confessed she was feeling the same way, and after two days of wanting desperately for Isabelle to REALLY enjoy the beach...she was...and we weren't! Go figure.

Her beautiful brown skin was getting even browner with her SPF 50 sunscreen...and our white bodies were turning not-so-pretty shades of red!

Poor kid! We knew there was NO WAY, no matter how burned we were, that we could leave before taking her on the "wheee" (swing), so off we went (after I added a t-shirt!).

My sweet darling, by the time we go to the beach next month, I'll try to have a bit of a base tan, I'll get myself a better cover up, and we'll BOTH be ready for action! I can't wait!

No comments: