Oh, and not only did they put the swingset together, I had other friends who stepped in and did all the lunch prep parts I couldn't physically manage (or stomach) at that point. Sunday night I got horribly sick with what the dr now thinks may be an infection in my gut and I've NEVER been so sick. Let's just say by Monday morning I was better but I was far from miraculously healed. My friends were a Godsend.
I'll let the pics tell the rest...
My friend Tim is a builder, so I'd given him the plans ahead of time and he'd made labels for everything, so the first hour was just about labeling stuff. I helped sort screws. That's about all the help I was able to give. I admit that up front.
They decided to do as much as possible under the carport because of the chance of storms throughout the day...Oh, and Isabelle and her wagon were right in the middle of the action
Susan and Gabriella came over to help (well, Gabriella really just played. And looked cute.)
Tim and his wife Gail are already really high up in my friend rankings because they keep (both) my dogs every time I am out of town. The dogs love it - it's like going to an extended-stay spa. Tim knows how much Faith likes to chase leaves...
Okay, I had to laugh. You can see who is doing the real work here! Go Heather! Josh, do something!
Okay, so did I mention how great my friends are? Do you see the downpour??? Do you see those three heads out there determined to finish? Thanks, Josh, Tim, and Dearll! And yes, I did go out there with a giant umbrella and try to assist (after, of course, snapping some pictures!)
Tim and his wife Gail are already really high up in my friend rankings because they keep (both) my dogs every time I am out of town. The dogs love it - it's like going to an extended-stay spa. Tim knows how much Faith likes to chase leaves...
Okay, I had to laugh. You can see who is doing the real work here! Go Heather! Josh, do something!
Okay, so did I mention how great my friends are? Do you see the downpour??? Do you see those three heads out there determined to finish? Thanks, Josh, Tim, and Dearll! And yes, I did go out there with a giant umbrella and try to assist (after, of course, snapping some pictures!)One very happy kid and one very grateful mama. Thanks everybody!




2 comments:
Wow! Looks wonderful. You are indeed blessed with wonderful friends. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I pray you recover quickly.
((HUGS))
Lori
The swingset looks GREAT! I think Isabelle will enjoy it A LOT!
Post a Comment