

Unfortunately, things went down hill once we peeled Isabelle off of the swing. I'd had this vision of doing a "playing hookie" blog post showing us in all of our glory on a Sunday morning when (obviously) we are almost ALWAYS at church, and God got me good...It started when we tried to set up camp by the beach and Isabelle wouldn't even sit in her very cute Elmo chair...

We thought things were looking up, and she finally sat in her chair and even (sort of) played in the sand a bit...

But then I tried taking her down to the ocean. Bad idea. Not a big hit. She never even got wet :( I didn't want to push it because I certainly don't want her to have a fear of the ocean, so we just called it a morning. I had really been trying to keep with Isabelle's nap and bedtimes, but there was just too much happening for her to want to settle down and sleep. We didn't have a solid nap until Monday!

This face was the final straw. We went home and played in the pool :)

2 comments:
Oh yes.. Saturday night there was a grumpy kid fairy that flew around and blessed each child with a GRUMPY Sunday morning... True! Dominic was HORRIBLE Sunday morning and then stupid me dropped him off at the church nursery for the first time. He was miserable there too, DUH MAMA! I should have just stayed home with him and missed church for the first time in a while. The kids in church were extra loud on Sunday morning...Just not a good day! Are her molars coming yet? Two are just about popped in.. YUCK!!
Beautiful playground!!!! The weather last weekend was very beautiful -- a bit hot for my taste, but absolutely beautiful. The colors bright and crisp. The sky a blue that just isn't found in the Crayola box. But HOT.
Alberto is very slow to get into the beach. It's kind of freaky when the water retreats and leaves a weird sensation. He's done well at beaches are in the Bay. But my dad wants us to go hang out at MB so...we will venture into the ocean...
Isabel looks great! Love the bikinis!!! Hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment