Ahhh...a year ago today I was madly hitting the "refresh" button on my computer ALL DAY waiting and hoping for the magic "PINK" notice from the US Embassy in Guatemala that would give me the time for my appointment for Isabelle's US Visa at the Embassy in Guatemala and ultimately determine when I'd get to go and bring Isabelle home.
I can't believe it's been a year and at the same time I can't believe it's only been a year! In some ways, I feel like the life I'm living now, life with a toddler, is the life I've always led. I haven't once forgotten I have a child and left her in the car. I've only forgotten a couple of times that I need to secure childcare for evening meetings. I almost always wake up to her happy little voice in the next room talking to her various osos, "whack whacks" and Elmos (last count was three of each...totalling 9 animals before adding in the books, cell phones, purses, and everything else in the bed!)
I am blessed and am reminded daily of what a wonderful little person she is. Today she showed her true colors once again. At the request of a family in the church, I took her to see a member who is in the end-stages of cancer. She was only diagnosed recently but it has spread quickly and her time is limited. But she made it clear when I was at her house the last time (planning her funeral and having a pretty open conversation about death) that I was to bring Isabelle the next time!
Isabelle was a champ! She has been great every time I have taken her with me to visit elderly church members, and today was no exception. Oxygen tubes and other medical things don't seem to phase her at all, and she seems to know just when someone can use an extra hug or snuggle! I think she's more effective than I could ever possibly be at this part of my "job!"
I love the idea that she is being raised in an enviornment/family situation where she gets to see how much it means to someone when you send them a card or draw them a picture or take time to visit them, and I can't tell you how many times we've gone to visit folks only to find Isabelle's picture posted prominently in their house/room. I can't always be a perfect mom, but I pray that these types of experiences will go a long way in showing her what's important in life!
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
herbal viagra reviews viagra results viagra stories viagra on line viagra vs cialis alternative to viagra buy viagra online uk homemade viagra buy viagra online uk non prescription viagra viagra lawyer columbus buy viagra in england viagra and cannabis viagra pills
Post a Comment