This year, though, everything is different! I had my little 2-year-old who was all ready to go marching off to her new classroom where my Elmo kid is going to spend the month of September studying everything RED!
The first person we saw as we got out of the car was Rebecca, my social worker (her kids go to the same preschool), and Isabelle's first day of school apple dress was a shower gift from my case worker Angela last summer. Angela, it fit perfect for the big day! It was an emotional day for me...not so much from the "I'm dropping my baby off for school" as it was from the "I HAVE my baby to drop off for school this year..." A lot has changed. A whole lot.
So, without further ado......our morning in pictures (beginning after arrival at school. I admit to not having captured Isabelle eating her frozen pancake in the car on the way to school...)
"Mommy, I think I'm ready to be back at school!
I like this place and Thomas is in my class!"
"UUhhh...make that I THOUGHT I was ready for school. Now I think I better take a minute and sit in the hallway and think about it for a minute."
"Okay, so I've changed my mind completely. TAKE ME HOME! LET ME GO TO WORK WITH YOU! DON'T MAKE ME STAY WITH ALL THESE (perfectly behaved, not crying, all actively engaged in play) KIDS!"

1 comment:
You are so right; a year does change everything drastically! Isabelle looks so cute in her apple dress! Oh, she looks so pitiful in the last picture. I hate it when Bella cries when I drop her off; it makes feel so bad. I hope she has a great year of preschool!
Post a Comment