So I've had Isabelle home for over a year and FINALLY managed for the first time to get pictures of her on campus at Wake Forest, where I did my undergrad degree. This wouldn't be so pathetic if we didn't live 15 minutes from there (for another week anyway)!
As a student I was really active with the Wesley Foundation, the Methodist Campus Ministry and I've been on the board for almost all of the last 12+ years. I've been the chairperson the last bit, but with the move and everything I have decided it is time to step down and take a break, so tonight's dinner with the students was our last event...finally managed to take the camera!
Here's Isabelle in all her glory - don't you think she should be the new Wesley mascot? She sure is cuter than the Demon Deacon!
And on a much sadder note, today/tonight was the visitation for Sgt Hutchens, a police officer who was shot and died as a result of his injuries while responding to a call...at the local restaurant where I (used to) stop regularly for breakfast on my way to work.
He was a 27-year veteran and his wife works at WFU, so the visitation and service are going to be on campus. I didn't want to get any closer with my camera, but this was a look I've never seen at the chapel...they had black bands around all the columns and folks standing at attention with flags all the way around. A tough loss for the community and one that has hit home for me as well. Guess that will make sense to some of you.

No comments:
Post a Comment