Friday, March 19, 2010

Zoo!

Today we did something totally unique that NO ONE in all of St. Louis had even considered doing! On the first beautiful day of the year, and the Friday of spring break week, we went to the zoo! With every single other person in the entire St. Louis metropolitan area...

We were doing great until we got off the exit, and then what should have taken about another 2 minutes took close to an hour! By the time we got there, I'd had to jump out of the car to run back up the road to claim Cookie Monster and blankie, both of whom Gabriella had thrown out the window. And both of whom Isabelle had tried to tell us Gabriella had thrown out the window and we ignored her. Yeah... And I had Isabelle sitting in my lap because she claimed she had peed in her underwear and I was attempting to change her. But she didn't really pee. She was just ready to get out. Go figure.

Anyway, we had a bit of a rough start, but the rest of the day was awesome!!! I am totally lovin' Isabelle being old enough to understand things and really interact! Her timid side continued to show today...we had to leave the monkey house because she freaked out and she clung to me a lot but she kept asking to see more animals. I guess it's a good thing that even when she's scared she doesn't want to let it stop her! After the first couple of hours she really got into it though and she's been talking about it non-stop since we returned!

It's actually a good picture of the two of us!



Isabelle, Gabriella, and the elephants!


So Isabelle started out really scared of stuff and kept asking me if the fences would keep the animals away...but by the time we got to the giraffes she had sort of changed her tune...

Okay, I just think this picture is hysterical!




And the sign of a good time...she was asleep before we got back to the car!

No comments: