Today was Isabelle's first day at her new daycare/preschool and I'm happy to report that she had a great time! She was so excited when we got out of the car she was jumping up and down! She kept telling me about the "horseys" and wanted to ride, so of course I obliged! It is the cutest mini-carousel - you pedal and the whole thing goes around!
Here she is before school...
and on the carousel...just hoping this doesn't turn into an every day thing, but is a great some days thing!
After she was clearly so unhappy at her last daycare the last few months (after she moved up to the 3's class) and cried every day when I left, it was great to leave her smiling and to come back at the end of the day and she barely acknowledged me! She was BUSY :)I felt like she was ready for more structured learning, which was the main reason for the switch, and I think it is going to be good. Much more like all-day preschool and much less like all-day free-for-all play. She came home today talking about the sun and had a picture she had made of the sun out of handprints. That's more art than she came home with the whole time she was at the last place (with the exception of Mother's Day and Christmas - 1 project each for those). I'm hoping the excitement continues (for both of us!)
For me,...I started car shopping today. Boy is there a lot to consider!



No comments:
Post a Comment