What a fun milestone - today Isabelle and I celebrated 2 years since we became a family :) It was a fun day because it was the first year that Isabelle had any concept of what was going on...by the time this morning rolled around she was able to say that we were having a party because mommy got to come to Guatemala on the airplane to bring home and mommy was happy. That about summed it up!
I had worked Labor Day so I could take the day off and I kept Isabelle home from daycare so we could do something...the question was what to do!? I ended up deciding that we'd go and visit Angela, my caseworker who stuck by me through everything it took to get Isabelle home! I tried telling Isabelle about it yesterday and thought she had some vague sense of who we were going to see, but before bed I discovered that I was wrong. Very wrong.
Turns out Isabelle thought we were going to Guatemala to see her "Guatemala mommy Angela" for family day. Uh oh. When I tried to explain she broke down and cried. Tough moment. I think what happened was that I have a t-shirt that says "Waiting for my angel from Guatemala..." Somehow I think she got Angela's name mixed up in that and the rest is history... I pieced it together when she refused to say "Angela" and only wanted to call her "angel." Oh, the thoughts of a 3-year-old.
Anyway, we started off the morning with Isabelle getting a Guatemala present - I bought a bunch of little things so that every year she'd get a present from Guatemala on Family Day. She also decided she needed to wear a Guatemala dress, so that completed the day!
Here she is at CAS with Angela...who she decided was okay by the time we got there :)After visiting with Angela we decided on a whim to go have portraits made, so that's where the new blog look comes from :) Not bad for no prep, huh?!
And what day of celebration would be complete without the guatetots?! We invited everyone to join us for dinner at a local pizza place and had quite a party!
The gang...
Amelia wasn't into it, but here are the other girls - Sara, Allie-Maria, Isabelle, and Isabella
Jamie with Allie-Maria and Amelia
Sara brought Isabelle balloons, which she was thrilled with, and I had gotten her a Hello Kitty balloon. She thought she was hot stuff with all the celebrations!
It was 23 1/2 months from the time I started the adoption process until the time I brought Isabelle home, so I've now officially been a mom longer than I spent waiting! Yippee!!








1 comment:
This is a delightful glimpse of pure joy...! Congrats on celebrating family!
Post a Comment