Saturday, September 4, 2010

Labor Day Guatetot Fun!

This afternoon the guatetots gathered at Keith, Alecia, and Bella's house for some fun, some bike riding, and of course some cooking out :)  Keith is a pilot who has been stationed overseas and only able to come home every few months, so he hadn't met most of our group before.  It was great that he finally got to join us! 

And the big excitement for Keith, Alecia, and I was that we actually got a good picture of the foster sisters together!  Aren't they cute?!  Isabelle is starting to understand that Isabella lived with her in Guatemala with her.  She doesn't actually remember it but understands the concept.  Sooo cute!
And here they are enjoying Bella's swingset...
Notice the driveway behind Isabelle - the kids had the greatest time flying down it on all the riding toys and thankfully no major injuries!
Here they are lining up to "race" down the driveway.  Granted, Isabelle was on a battery operated car so she lost by a ton but loved it anyway!  The little boy on the left is Eli - his mom worked with a friend of mine so I'd heard about him and she'd read my blog but we'd never met.  Eli thought it was pretty cool when I told him that Isabelle has a dog named Eli, but he was really put out when he found out I didn't bring our Eli to the party...
Sara and Kaylan gearing up for a big race...

And here's our best effort at a group picture...just prior to golf cart rides around the yard :)
...and here's what happened when we kept trying for the "perfect" picture.  I said that one of these days I'm going to forego trying to get a group picture and instead I'm going to videotape all the parents instead.  Somehow I think that would be even funnier!
Isabelle, Kaylan, and Sara getting ready for their ride.  I knew that Isabelle would be scared but she did great!  She waited until we were in the car driving home to tell me that she was scared but she didn't cry!  She's getting so brave and she can't wait to go back to Bella's house!
And next up...on Wednesday we'll be celebrating TWO YEARS as a family!  We have a fun day planned that will, of course, involve our guatetot friends :) 

There's another post below with more of our adventures...

No comments: