Sunday, December 2, 2007

Big Day - 2 Teeth!



Okay, I admit, these are still pictures from our first day with Isabelle :) I'm a little behind... I'm hoping to post some more later on today, so check back!

Today has been a big day - poor little thing has had 3 massive episodes of diaharrea (sp?) and has cut 2 teeth...that was all before lunch! (we've been through a lot of clothes today!) Mom and Hat have gone shopping and siteseeing for the day with Victor, this guide that folks on my yahoo group kept raving about, so they left at 10 and will probably be gone most of the afternoon.

I feel sort of bad saying it, but I was kind of hoping that when we got here and could tell that Isabelle hadn't cut any teeth yet but was close, I was hoping she would cut at least one while we were here. I know there are so many milestones I'll miss, that even though she's much grumpier today than she has been thus far, it is nice to get to be here for her first teeth! 2 at once...what a trooper!

Oh, and for all of you who I had talked to about clothes and sizes and things like that, their idea of huge and ours is very different. She has chubby cheeks but other than that there isn't an extra roll anywhere on her little body! The smallest clothes I brought either fit or are still a bit big, and there's a lot that I've just packed up to save for later. Monica told me when the foster mom brought her that her nickname is "Gorda" which would translate as "fatso" or "little chubby one." I disagree! Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining :) She looks smaller now than she did in the second set of pictures I got of her at 3 months old (the ones in the green outfit)!

The hotel we are staying at is WONDERFUL! I had booked a balcony room but when we got here they didn't have any (apparently there are only 4 or 5) but said we could move on Sunday. Well, the guy at the front desk called up to the room yesterday and said there was a bigger room available - we went to see it (luckily right down the hall from where we were) - and now we are all set up with a gorgeous view of the city, the mountains beyond, the city Christmas tree, and we are overlooking the pool! Having the balcony also means we can get outside a bit and it gives us a place to dry clothes (much needed today!) This hotel is a Guatemalan chain and is not normally where adoptive families stay, but it is where my attorney asked that we stay and I'm glad. I will say, though, that we ordered Domino's pizza last night (at mom's suggestion - can you believe it?!) and I think tonight will probably call in an order to TGI Friday's!

Well, that's enough for now - I'm going to try to work on some pics while Isabelle is still asleep!

No comments: