Yippee! Angela, my caseworker here in Greensboro called me on Friday to tell me that my case was submitted to PGN last Tuesday, December 18! I still don't actually have proof (I should be getting an e-mail of the 'receipt') and since I was told 2 months ago that I was in PGN and then found out the following week that it was a mistake, I'm a bit hesitant, but still hopeful that it is true this time! PGN is one Guatemalan office that you can actually call, but I kept getting put on hold (normal) and then my phone card would cut the call off...not sure what to do about that! I'm hoping to try again on Wednesday and at least be able to confirm that they have received my file!
If I am in PGN, then best case scenario would be that in about 8 weeks I'd finish and be withing 6 weeks or so of bringing her home...worst case scenario would be that after 8 weeks (or less) my case would get kicked out for any of a huge variety of reasons, I'd have to redo a document (or documents) and then start the 8 week wait all over again. There are people who go back and forth for a year +...I pray my case will be speedy, but nothing is guaranteed! I am at least beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel...
I have also managed to edit some video clips from my trip, but when I tried posting one it wouldn't work :( It says to contact Blogger with the problem, so who knows. Maybe with the help of my brother the computer expert!
Have a Merry Christmas everyone - we are headed to Duke Chapel for their 11PM candlelight service (I'm in Durham with my parents, my brother, his wife, her parents, her brother, his girlfriend, and 4 dogs)!!! Yippee!!
Monday, December 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Whipeee!!! I see that you went in to PGN on the day that I got out. We are hoping 8 weeks or less for you with no KO's.
Sorry, I forget to sign the first comment... Alecia
Merry Christmas, Lauren. The news is promising. It is my prayer that all your "i's" are dotted and "t's" crossed to PGN's satisfaction and that Isabelle will be your forever daughter soon.
love, barb
Post a Comment