Well, you probably guessed that it wouldn't take long before I'd be ready to go back, and I'll have to wait a month and a half, but I'll be going back to Guatemala the 2nd week of Feb!!! I can't wait!!! I sort of rushed to make the plans because there were frequent flier tickets available on the dates I wanted (working around stuff like Ash Wednesday) and a direct flight from Charlotte! I would have preferred Greensboro, but I can make Charlotte work! Just pray that the weather cooperates!!
No more news really at this point...still waiting to hear that I've gotten in to PGN and will give it until the beginning of next week and then will really push to make sure it happens before the end of the calendar year.
I wanted to share a link to a newsweek piece (video) that is really good - most of what I have seen in the news has been so skewed that it has been frustrating, but this piece is well done, so I wanted to share. It was done before the law was passed this week, so the reference to adoptions ending isn't quite accurate anymore, but there will have to be a hault while they figure out a new system and the sad part is that they will be doing away with the system of using the foster moms - all the kids will supposedly be in orphanages that supposedly the gov't will set up. None of that will affect Isabelle, though. Here's the link:
http://www.newsweek.com/id/40211?bcpid=1243727405&bclid=440984148&bctid=1336697625
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Lauren! We got your message and appreciate the offer so much. We'll be in touch once things settle down a little bit. I know this is a busy time of year for you too.
Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. I've enjoyed going back and reading through your process. Isabelle is such a cutie!
Thanks for all the sweet comments and support you have given us through our ordeal. We can't wait until you get to bring Isabell home and we can meet her!
Jamie
Post a Comment