Tuesday, January 22, 2008

First Raggedys!

I got the greatest package in the mail today - Isabelle's first Raggedy dolls! Thanks Nana! Nana (Dad's mom) has been making Raggedys for years and we all have a set, but I recently saw brown ones on a Latin American toy website and thought they were great! I love the black curly hair and can't wait to give them to Isabelle!!!

Now, just to get her home! Angela (my caseworker) called yesterday needing a copy of my passport...apparently that's a sign that my attorney is at least trying to get the application together to get me registered with the new Central Authority so that I can go back to PGN and start the 8-week wait again.

The unknown at this point is that the application form was created by the 3 people hired by the last president right before he went out of office. They all got fired but that's the only application form that the office had to use...verdict is still out on whether or not the new office will accept the old form. Always something. Also rumor has it that they have added an 8 business day wait between when the application is turned in and when it is actually registered. Looks more and more like I'll be lucky to get back IN PGN by the time I go in Feb...and I had been hoping to get OUT by then :(

Yesterday I went over to Monica's and we called Ana (the foster mom) - Isabelle is still doing well, had a check-up on Saturday, and is eating just about everything! I CAN'T WAIT to get back down there!!! Soon...

No comments: