Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Sad Week

Well, unfortunately I found out on Tuesday that my case was kicked out of PGN on Monday. I called PGN directly, which meant that my attorney and agency had not yet been told about the kick out (that's why I haven't posted sooner...I needed to talk to my caseworker first).

Anyway, Angela is trying to find out today or tomorrow what exactly the problem is with my application; a number of cases have been kicked out in the last few days for ridiculous stuff like PGN claiming that something is missing when really it is there.

Whatever the reason, even if it is not legitimate or is easy for my attorney to fix, it means that my case cannot be resubmitted until it is registered with the Central Authority. The Central Authority, I'll remind you, does not exist at this point.

We keep hearing that it will be up and running any day now, but at the same time it has been confirmed that the new president of Guatemala, who took office on Monday, has fired the people who had been appointed to run the Central Authority.

In the long run it should mean that better people are running the CA, but in the short term it means my case cannot be registered until they stop arguing politics and open the office. Once my case is registered it can go back to PGN where it will be a minimum of another 8 weeks, assuming all goes well.

At that point Isabelle would be mine but it still takes close to 2 months to redo her birth certificate, get her passport, final dr's visit, etc. before I can bring her home.

Long story short, it looks like at least 4 more months AFTER whenever I can get back in PGN, which is not looking like it will be happening any time soon.

This has been the hardest setback by far; it has been a rough week.

1 comment:

Barb Schott said...

Lauren,
Hi This is how I post comments:
1. Click on the comment link at the bottom of your blog posting.
2. Type in the box "Leave your comment."
3. Type my email in the username and the password that I used to be recognized by your Blog.
4. Then I click on Publish.
Hope this helps.