Thursday, March 27, 2008

Isabelle is 10 Months Old Today!

It gets harder every month to say that Isabelle is a month older and STILL I'm no closer to getting her home. What DOES help is thinking about the fact that 2 weeks from TODAY I'll have her back in my arms...at least for a week! If you get right down to it, I am no closer to bringing Isabelle home than I was when I first left for GUA to go see her last November. Still waiting to get into PGN. I talked to Angela today (my agency coordinator) and she still didn't know anything. Maybe tomrrow. I'm beginning to feel like a broken record.

Oh well, on to better things! Tonight I made Isabelle a new friend (well, and one for me too!) A woman who had read my blog, sent me an e-mail saying she lived in Burlington (~45 minutes from here), has a 2-year-old from GUA, and is in the process of adopting another little boy. She asked if I wanted to meet and if I'd take a package to GUA for her little boy. Only in the adoption world do you connect with a random person on the internet, agree to take the stranger's package on an international flight, and then say sure, you'd love to meet for dinner!

Anyway, we had a great dinner and her little boy Gabriel is adorable!!! I'm beginning to hope it is a while before Isabelle learns to walk - I don't know how Stephanie keeps up with him! He managed to make it through dinner at Macaroni Grill w/o problems, so I was impressed :)

Saturday I am having dinner with Keith and Alecia and Isabelle's foster sister (well, former foster sister) Isabella - I haven't seen Isabella since they brought her home the week after I was in Guatemala last month, so I'm excited!

Next Wednesday I'm having dinner with Susan and Gabriella - Susan was in Guatemala picking up Gabriella while I was down there in Feb., and I haven't seen them since Gabriella's 1st birthday party a few weeks back.

Just to recap: Isabelle has 3 (Guatemalan) friends so far: Isabella, Gabriella, and Gabriel :) It's been a lot of fun meeting new people here and making some little people friends...now I just need Isabelle home to join in the fun :)

No comments: