Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Up and Down...

I just talked to Angela, and apparently things are not moving as fast as we had hoped. Gee, what a surprise (NOT!). She had been told that my attorney had Isabelle's birth certificate last Friday when she actually did not. My attorney didn't get the birth certificate until Monday, which means that my translator didn't get it until Tuesday to translate.

I hadn't been too concerned because what's one more day after all of this waiting? Well, it turns out that the DNA company my agency uses only ships samples to the US lab on Thursdays, and they can't bring Isabelle in to take the sample until the US Embassy authorizes it.

So basically, there is still some outside chance that the authorization COULD come through today (that is, if they actually submit for it in a timely manner) and Isabelle could go to the lab first thing tomorrow morning to make the shipment, but I'm not holding my breath.

I thought I could pay the FedEx charges to have it sent out separately, but apparently that only applies when going from the US back to Guatemala, not the other way around.

So, short story...either everyone hightails it into overdrive and gets it done in time to ship tomorrow, or I lose an entire week and won't be looking at traveling until probably mid-September. This also gets complicated on the church side of things because I have already arranged preachers for the first 2 Sundays in September and we will have to eat the cost if I'm still here :(

Oh, when will the drama end?

1 comment:

Lori said...

Did you say Drama???? My life in the last 2 weeks has been nothing but DRAMA... which you of course know all about.

I am praying that Isabelle's DNA will make it on that shipment Thursday. Remember all things are possible with God!!!

blesssings,
Lori