Friday, September 26, 2008

What's New?


There are daily mysteries to raising a toddler for whom I missed most of the first 15 months of her life. I'm always wondering what she's really used to, what things she liked that I haven't offered her, what experiences we have that are old hat and which ones are totally new... You get the idea.

This week we went to the Natural Science Center (where we spent most of the time in the little kids playroom). Were those sorts of toys and experiences new? We went with my friend Stephanie and her two little boys (also adopted from GUA). Is she used to playing with other kids?

Afterwards we went to lunch and I discovered two things Isabelle is obviously VERY used to eating that I wouldn't have thought to try. Oranges and lemons. Hand her a slice and she'll eat through to the rind and then hand you the rind back like a pro. (see pics) You should have seen her go to town with the lemon slices! I bought a lime at the grocery store but just haven't quite worked up the nerve to slice up a lime and just hand it to her!

Today we went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch with my friend Amy. I thought she'd be really into eating the rice, would probably like the music, and would like the waiters talking to her in Spanish. Well, she had a good time but she chose to play with Amy's Blackberry and keys. And as for the rice? She'd rather eat cottage cheese or an orange!

Here's one more pic of her polishing off an entire orange...take note of the shoes - Granddad bought Isabelle her first pair of (pink) chucks! Just like her mom...


PS The shoes look much bigger than they really are...

PPS How do you like the new look? I gave my blog a facelift!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Cute picture of Isabelle with the Orange!! Love the blog facelift! Too cute!

Lori said...

Love the blog! I love Isabelle with the Orange!


Talk soon,
Lori

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the shoes! Thanks for mentioning us and our adventures on Wednesday. Next time we have to take pictures!!! Gabriel wants to see "his Isabelle again soon! Take care. Steph

Anonymous said...

My heart is full of happiness for you and Isabelle Grace.I love your new blog. It is like having a virtual scrapbook.
God Bless,
barb

nora said...

Love the shoes and the new look! Congrats on being there for the 16 month milestone!