Thursday, October 23, 2008

Water Baby and Other Stuff

This afternoon we went back to the Y to start swimming lessons. We got there early to sign up, told the woman we wanted the class that started today, paid, and headed to the pool. Isabelle got in and played for a little while (I had purposely gotten there early so she'd have some time to settle in) and then I finally went and asked why I wasn't seeing anyone for swimming lessons.

Oh, uhhh...they start next week. I wanted to tell the guy how I'd rearranged dinner to be here, how the woman at the desk had gladly taken my money for TODAY's lesson, and how frustrated I was, but I refrained. After all, maybe I had looked at the brochure wrong. NOPE.

The other frustrating part is that the first lesson is now on Tuesday when we are going to be out of town. Oh well. We stayed and played anyway and Isabelle didn't completely freak out when the water park came on, so that was good! The pictures aren't too great because for some reason my flash wouldn't go off and I couldn't manage to force it.

My 'crawler'. I don't know what her deal is with walking in the water. It is very cute though and she derw a lot of attention for being so cute!

Like I said, a crawler. It was like even once she got OUT of the water she didn't remember that she knew how to walk! I had to laugh, but now her little knees and feet are all scraped up :(

The water park has these little jets that shoot up water all the time and she loved putting her hands over the jets and pushing the water back down.
Oh, I also got my first 'family' question while we were there. A little (African American) girl came up to me (she couldn't have been more than 7) and said, "Is she your daughter?" I said yes. Then she said, "So how come she's brown and you are caucasian?" (yes, she actually said caucasian!)
Before I could answer her she wandered away. Guess I should expect a lot more of those questions.
On to another subject...
Here's what I found when I turned around in the kitchen the other day. I didn't get the camera fast enough to catch her with the strainer on her head, which was quite the look!
Uhhhh...mom...I think I'm stuck?!





1 comment:

Kim said...

Love the pictures of Isabelle in the water! Kate loves the water as well!