Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy National Adoption Day!

To celebrate, we had a guatetot outing to the Children's Museum :) I'd never been, and when we walked in and saw this huge red chair, I thought, "Perfect! We can contain all the kids and finally get a group picture..."


Here's the BEST of what we have for all 7 kids... (left to right)...
Allie-Maria (crying...that's her mom's arms you see)
Gabriella (tipping over)
Isabelle
Joseph
Gabriel (you can BARELY see the top of his head - he's buried under Joseph!)
Sara
Amelia (and her mom's arm)
We thought the best plan would be to do the picture at the beginning...
...but things just kept getting uglier...
Here's Isabelle with the brown baby doll (you go, sweetheart) giving her a pacha. Mind you, she doesn't have any dolls that we give bottles to, so as far as I know she's never done this. She was very careful to move the bottle around until it was right in the doll's mouth! I was so impressed!
They had this airplane cockpit and row of seats and Allie-Maria and Gabriel climbed in. I asked Gabriel if they were going to Guatemala on their airplane and he said, yes, they were going to get his baby Joseph (his brother has been home about 3 months). Only for our kids are airplanes what bring babies!
We decided to try the group picture again at the end...this time with goldfish for everyone! Amelia had already left, but we managed the rest!
This doesn't have all of them, but aren't they cute!? Good way to spend the day set aside for celebrating adoption!

On another subject...we found a great way to get Isabelle to nap yesterday...she had a cribmate!

No comments: