Thursday, January 29, 2009

Help...I'm Addicted!

Okay, for those of you who know me, you know I like to be busy and I like projects. I currently have a card table set up in my living room covered in scrapbooking stuff. My dining room is covered in pictures and Guatemalan souvenirs and adoption paperwork I want to save for Isabelle (or need to get together for readoption, etc.)

But my kitchen table? Well, it was seeming sort of bare... So yesterday I decided I'd try to make a few bows out of some ribbon I already had...today I decided I sort of liked it...this afternoon Isabelle and I went out and bought more ribbon... I'm still learning and perfecting, but I'm having a good time! Isabelle really NEEDED some more bows...

My favorite...

To switch gears, I am feeling like I (knock on wood...) have a pretty good grasp on things right now. Isabelle's preschool is working out well, I still get to see her at lunch and put her down for her nap, and then my nanny Jennifer who comes in the afternoons is AWESOME!
Last Friday was really pretty and we (Isabelle, Faith, Eli, and I) went out in the backyard and played for the longest time. I sat there watching everyone run around and just thought, "It can't get much better than this." Yes, adding a second dog has been hectic but overall life in our house is FUN! Eli seems to love Isabelle, and I think the feeling is mutual...


I'm sure we'll still have our bumps, but I feel like life, motherhood, and church have finally ALL hit a point where I don't feel like I'm living in constant chaos! Yahoo! I know the feeling won't last...

Oh, and if you too want to get addicted to bow making, check out girlythingsbows dot com! Most of mine are some version of the pinwheel bow!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like you are getting the hang of the bow-making. It's fun, isn't it? Now if I could only figure out a way to have Kate keep the bow in her hair, I would have it made!

Glad to hear that things are getting into a routine for you. It sure takes awhile!