Isabelle is 20 months old and I feel like we've hit that point when people ask her age that it makes more sense to say "she'll be 2 in May" than to answer in months. She's more toddler and less baby every day, which is fun and sad. Sad because I missed so much of the 'baby' stage but fun because she's just so much fun!
She's into mimicking everything I do...I'm going to really have to start watching myself! Tonight in the shower (she was in with me...just easier with us being the only ones around...) anyway...I was shaving and had my leg on the side of the tub. Well, I look behind me and she's standing in the exact same pose as me with her little leg up on the side of the tub as well! Too cute :)
She still likes to sit on her potty...even when she doesn't have any success. Now, she wants to wipe like mommy. Here's how it goes: I take off her pants and diaper and plop her on the pot. She lifts up her belly, peers into her potty, shakes her head and says "No." Then she stands up and reaches for a square of toilet paper. I give her a square, she wipes, and then has to put it in the big potty like mommy does. Then she sits back on her potty. Repeat above scenario until mommy gets tired or the dogs start eating the toilet paper...
She's getting more verbal by the day, which is loads of fun. Currently she's into identifying all of the doors in the house (and car!) She's also gotten into her baby dolls and likes to lay them out on one of her burp cloths (I always keep a burp cloth spread out on the changing table because it's easier to wash than the whole pad...). Anyway, she gets out one of her diapers and lays her babies out on the floor on a burp cloth to be changed. We need to get some smaller diapers...her babies sort of disappear in size 5 diapers!
She knows more and more of her friends and family and loves to identify people she knows in pictures. She's still obsessed with her BobBob. And with anything that has a duck on it.
Some of her chubbiness seems to be getting a little less chubby. She's starting to have opinions about her clothes...today she cried when she asked for her "meow" shoes and I told her she can't wear them to school (they are like Robeez...more slippers than real shoes). I put her bow in her hair and she said "More!" One bow wasn't enough. She likes to pick her bows. She is my girly girl :)
She LOVES to wear mittens...outside AND in.
She does everything I do...it's like having a shadow...only I also have 2 dogs shadowing me...don't expect me to answer the phone if I'm not right next to it because I'm constantly tangled up in 3 sets of legs! She likes to help and can empty the dishwasher, get out the dog's food, and get their leashes ready. She likes to get my keys and try to lock the door. Today she managed to unlock the car doors with the remote. I'm just waiting for the day I've gone to take the dogs out in my bathrobe only to discover that she's learned to lock the door and is inside by herself...
I'm loving motherhood and absolutely couldn't ask for a more perfect baby/toddler/child/angel!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
She is growing Lauren! What a beautiful baby!! (Big girl)
I am so happy you all are doing so well! Give Isabelle a big hug from me and Arabella. I hope we will meet up again some day.
Take care,
Tonya
Our children grow up so quickly! It is good to see you enjoying the little things about your precious Isabelle.
To God be the Glory,
Lori
Isn't it great to see them becoming little people? It is so much fun!
Post a Comment