Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We Got the House!

Yahoooo!!! The property manager called this morning to say that we got the house! I'm so excited! To be completely honest, I spent hours surfing the web and two full days driving all around town looking at the outsides of houses...but this was the only house I actually went inside of!

To be even more honest, I had made up my mind as soon as I peeked in the front door as we were waiting for the realtor to get there! I might take a month to decide whether or not I want or can afford a new pair of jeans and I might look all around town for the best deal, but when it comes to things like cars, houses, grad school, etc., I tend to just sort of jump in and do it :)

That almost backfired in a big way. I was laying in bed this morning thinking about it and realized I couldn't envision where there had been a dishwasher in the kitchen. BIG uh oh. But God is good and I did indeed locate a dishwasher in my pictures of the house from last week!

Well, that's about it for the moment. My mom and aunt have been here most of the last week helping me pack, and now I have to get serious about reading the last two books I have to have finished for my doctorate by Monday when class starts.

Oh. And I gotta get serious about my sermon for Sunday. Too bad my computer at work crashed this morning and took my sermon with it :( Doubly too bad that this happens to be the Sunday my district superintendent is coming to hear me preach...

But.......WE GOT THE HOUSE! Life is good :)

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Congrats on the house!!!

Tonya Boster said...

I am so glad you got the house (and a dishwasher). Now here's some prayers for some quiet time to read your books and redo your sermon.

Blessings,
Tonya

Ana said...

Congrats on the house!!!